In its 11th edition, Gramya Manthan is a 10-day rural immersion journey which brings together 30 passionate change-agents from all across India. It is divided into 2 editions: summer and winter. The winter edition of Gramya Manthan is organised in Ahemadabad, Gujarat in the month of December and the summer edition, in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh in the month of June.
During the course of those ten rigorous days, we explore with empathy, the life of the village, while staying with the local communities. Gramya Manthan comes with workshops, discussions and activities designed to nourish empathy and to facilitate reflection. The essence is to take every Change-agent on a journey of self-exploration and imbibe a sense of service. This is nurtured by bridging the rural-urban divide and creating a space to observe, understand and learn the diverse realities of India with the aim to ignite the flame of curiosity in the participating youth about the complex actualities of life, as it comes.
• Begins at 9 a.m. on 20th December and ends at 6 p.m. on 29th December 2019
Location & Weather
• Temperatures shall vary predictably between 12°C to 32°C.
• Winter Edition of Gramya Manthan will happen in villages of Kutch, Gujarat.
Travel & Accommodation
• Food, stay and all other mandatory requirements during the program will be taken care of.
• Participants will have to reach Ahmedabad by Day 0 night or early morning on Day 1.
• Pick up facility will be available at the Ahmedabad railway station in group on specific timings.
Youth Alliance incurs a significant financial cost in each participant who comes for Gramya Manthan which includes costs of Facilitation, Program Design, Food, Accommodation, Transport, Material & Logistics, Mentoring etc.
We are a non-profit organisation aiming to meet costs. The cost per participant for 30 participants is 40,000 INR. The range of contribution is Rs 12,000 to Rs 36,000 to accommodate varied paying capacity of our participants and we fundraise the deficit. While the legitimacy for this form of experiential education is still building up in our country, we invite you to look at it as an investment in your own learning and leadership and enable your parents to treat it the same way. We believe that as we learn and grow together we take care of all those who offer us their gifts while also fostering a spirit of care for all the people in our communities.
Know more about the contribution model here
• Program is open to both Indian and International applicants.
• Participants in the age group of 18-30 years will be preferred. Applicants below or beyond these age limits will be duly considered on case-to-case basis.