In its 9th edition, Gramya Manthan is a 10-day rural immersion journey which brings together 30 passionate change-agents from all across India. It is divided into 2 editions: summer and winter. The summer edition of Gramya Manthan is organised in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh in the month of June and the winter edition, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat in the month of December.
During the course of those ten rigorous days, we explore with empathy, the life of the village, while staying with the local communities. Gramya Manthan comes with workshops, discussions and activities designed to nourish empathy and to facilitate reflection. The essence is to take every Change-agent on a journey of self-exploration and imbibe a sense of service. This is nurtured by bridging the rural-urban divide and creating a space to observe, understand and learn the diverse realities of India with the aim to ignite the flame of curiosity in the participating youth about the complex actualities of life, as it comes.
• 10-day rural immersion program
• Begins at 9 am on 15th June and ends at 6 pm on 24th June 2018
Location & Weather
• Temperatures shall vary predictably between 40°C to 45°C.
• Summer Edition of Gramya Manthan will happen in villages of Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Travel & Accommodation
• Food, stay and all other mandatory requirements during the program will be taken care of.
• Participants will have to reach Kanpur city by Day 0 night or early morning on Day 1.
• Pick and drop facility will be available at the Kanpur Central railway station on specific timings.
Putting together all the different parts of this whole program incurs significant financial cost, which includes costs of Facilitation, Program Design, Food, Accommodation, Transport, Material & Logistics, Mentoring etc.
We are a non-profit organisation aiming to break-even. The cost per participant for 30 participants is 41,500 INR. The range of contribution is Rs 8,000 to Rs 40,000 to accommodate varied paying capacity of our participants and we fund-raise the deficit. We believe that as we learn and grow together we take care of all those who offer us their gifts while also fostering a spirit of care for all the people in our communities.
• Program is open to both Indian and International applicants.
• Participants in the age group of 18-30 years will be preferred. Applicants below or beyond these age limits will be duly considered on case-to-case basis