Earth-Shastra brings together 30 young change-agents to embark on a 9-day immersive journey from across the country two times a year, in April and October. To explore the relationship between economics, ecology and the human self. After two remarkable editions in Palampur (H.P.) and Mumbai and, a collaborative edition with Swaraj Univerasity, Udaipur, we are launching the THIRD edition that shall happen in Palampur (H.P) from 5th - 13th October, 2019.
We deepen our lost connection with nature, deconstruct the current economic system and understand the ongoing economic and environmental crisis from an integrated lens. The focus is to develop the capacity to understand the big picture and the humility to start with small actions. It inadvertently involves focus on personal transformation and nurturing deep community over the 9-days and beyond. The immersive journey will involve nature connects, reflective circles, hands-on activities, creating everyday solutions.
The vision is to build ourselves into a community that fosters ecological way of being; inspires and amplifies action to harmonize the relationship between economics, ecology and human self.
- 9-day immersion program
- Begins at 10 a.m. on 5th October and ends at 6 p.m. on 13th October 2019
Location & Weather
- We will be in the beautiful space of Sambhaavnaa Institute near Palampur, Himachal Pradesh.
- Temperatures shall vary predictably between 14°C to 32°C.
Travel & Accommodation
- Food, stay and all other mandatory requirements during the program will be taken care of.
- Stay will be basic with shared accomodation and baths.
- Participants will have to reach the venue by Day 0 night or early morning on Day 1 on their own.
Putting together all the different parts of this whole program incurs significant financial cost, which includes costs of Facilitation, Program Design, Food, Accommodation, Transport, Material & Logistics, Mentoring etc.
The cost per participant for 30 participants is 42,000 INR. The range of contribution is Rs 10,000 to Rs 42,000 to accommodate varied paying capacity of our participants and we fund-raise the deficit.
We believe that as we learn and grow together we take care of all those who offer us their gifts while also fostering a spirit of care for all the people in our communities.
Know more about the contribution model here
We are open to have participants from all kinds of backgrounds. However we are looking for people meeting atleast one of the following criteria:
- Passionate about the environmental issues and committed to do something about it
- Working or studying in the domain of Environmental Studies/Economics/Development/Public Policy
- Working with corporate/non-profit/goverment and keen to understand how the dynamics between economics and environment play out in their context
- Willing to take forward the learning from the program and apply in their communities
- Are in the age group 18-30 years (exceptions on case-to-case basis)
Applications for this Earth-Shastra are now closed.
Read about the previous Earth-Shastra:
For more excitement, sign up to get updates