Welcome onboard to the brand new start at Youth Alliance, Earth-Shastra - an initiative that seeks to build a community of eco-changeagents to foster a new economic mindset that is in consonance with our environment.
In its first phase, we are bringing together 30 young change-agents from across the country to embark on a 7-day immersive journey in the Himalayas from 9th - 15th April, 2018. We deepen our lost connection with nature, deconstruct the current economic system and understand the ongoing economic and environmental crisis from an integrated lens. The focus is to develop the capacity to understand the big picture and the humility to start with small actions. It will involve nature connects, reflective circles, hands-on activities, brainstorming and creating everyday solutions.
The vision is to build ourselves into a community that amplifies solutions and stories of eco-heroes creating change-templates to harmonize the relationship between economics and ecology.
- 7-day immersion program
- Begins at 9 am on 9th April and ends at 6 pm on 15th April 2018
Location & Weather
- We will be in the beautiful space of Sambhaavnaa Institute, Palampur (H.P.)
- Temperatures shall vary predictably between 9°C to 15°C.
- The program will happen in a semi rural area in Himachal Pradesh.
Travel & Accommodation
- Food, stay and all other mandatory requirements during the program will be taken care of.
- Stay will be basic with shared accomodation and baths.
- Participants will have to reach the venue by Day 0 night or early morning on Day 1 on their own.
Putting together all the different parts of this whole program incurs significant financial cost, which includes costs of Facilitation, Program Design, Food, Accommodation, Transport, Material & Logistics, Mentoring etc.
The cost per participant for 30 participants is 32,000 INR. The range of contribution is Rs 8,000 to Rs 32,000 to accommodate varied paying capacity of our particpants and we fund-raise the deficit.
We believe that as we learn and grow together we take care of all those who offer us their gifts while also fostering a spirit of care for all the people in our communities. If you find it challenging to pay the minimum amount please write to us and we can find ways to support each other.
We are open to have participants from all kinds of backgrounds. However we are looking for people meeting atleast one of the following criteria:
- Passionate about the environmental issues and committed to do something about it
- Working or studying in the domain of Environmental Studies/Economics/Development/Public Policy
- Working with corporate/non-profit/goverment and keen to understand how the dynamics between economics and environment play out in their context
- Willing to take forward the learning from the program and apply in their communities
First Application Deadline: 11th February
Final Application Deadline: 28th February
For more excitement, sign up to get updates