Journeys that facilitate and enable young people to immerse in and build a holistic understanding of the social reality through empathy and inspire them to create a personal road-map in the path of service in their chosen field.
Over past few years, we have done 14 immersive journeys namely, Gramya Manthan, Lead The Change and ONUS.
Gramya Manthan is a 9-day rural immersion journey which brings together 30 passionate change-agents from all across India. It is divided into 2 editions: summer and winter. The summer edition of Gramya Manthan is organised in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh in the month of June and the winter edition, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat in the month of December.
During the course of those nine rigorous days, we explore with empathy, the life of the village, while staying with the local communities. Gramya Manthan comes with workshops, discussions and activities designed to nourish empathy and to facilitate reflection. The essence is to take every Change-agent on a journey of self-exploration and imbibe a sense of service. This is nurtured by bridging the rural-urban divide and creating a space to observe, understand and learn the diverse realities of India with the aim to ignite the flame of curiosity in the participating youth about the complex actualities of life, as it comes.
• 9-day rural immersion program
• Begins at 9 am on 16th December and ends at 6 pm on 24th December 2017
Location & Weather
• Summer Edition of Gramya Manthan happens in villages near Kanpur, U.P., India
• Temperatures shall vary predictably between 40°C to 45°C.
• Winter Edition of Gramya Manthan happens in villages near Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Travel & Accommodation
• Food, stay and all other mandatory requirements during the program will be taken care of.
• Participants will have to reach Kanpur/Ahmedabad city by Day 0 night or early morning on Day 1
• Pick and drop facility will be available at the Kanpur Central/Ahmedabad railway station on selected timings
Putting together all the different parts of this whole program incurs significant financial cost which includes Facilitation, Program Design, Food, Accommodation, Transport, Material & Logistics, Mentoring etc.
This program is being offered on a sliding scale, ranging from Rs 7,000 to Rs 24,000 to accommodate varied paying capacity of our participants. If you find it challenging to pay the minimum amount please write to us and we can find ways to support each other with or without money. We believe that as we learn and grow together we take care of all those who offer us their gifts while also fostering a spirit of care for all the people in our communities.
• Program is open to both Indian and International applicants.
• Participants in the age group of 18-30 years will be preferred. Applicants below or beyond these age limits will be duly considered on case-to-case basis.
The Applications for Gramya Manthan'17 Winter Edition will open soon. Check our FB Page for updates.
Note: The maximum number of participants that we can host is 30. Applications will close once we reach this count.